The Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Panel was set up to scrutinise and support the work of the Police and Crime Commissioner. The Panel is made of up of members nominated by the four councils in the force area: Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys; and at least two independent members. Carmarthenshire County Council is the lead authority for the Panel.
What we do
The Panel replaces the former Police Authority and has a number of powers and responsibilities including:
- Review the Commissioner’s police and crime plan
- Review the Commissioner’s annual draft budget, with the power to veto the level of precept.
- Deal with complaints against the Commissioner or his deputy.
- Scrutinise decisions and actions taken by the Commissioner
- Review the appointment or removal of the Chief Constable
- Support the work of the Commissioner
- Make reports or recommendations to the Commissioner
- Review the Commissioner’s conduct
The Panel cannot scrutinise Dyfed Powys Police Force or its work.
For more information on Police and Crime Panels visit the Home Office website.